THE INGREDIENT LIST:
+ INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE CHOUX PASTRY:
° 60 grams. Softened butter.
° 75 grams. Cake flour, sifted.
° 2 eggs; medium sized.
+ FOR THE TOPPING, I ONLY USED 3 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS:
° 200 grams. Dark chocolate.
° 280 millilitres. Of whipped cream.
° Vanilla extract, I added a few drops.
+ AND TO PREPARE THE TOPPING, YOU WILL NEED:
° 100 grams. Dark chocolate.
° 30 grams. Softened butter.
+TO PREPARE THE CHOUX PASTE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
• Step 1 – Mix the butter and 150ml of water in a saucepan. Heat skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Step 2 – Remove the pan from the heat, immediately add the flour and whisk the mixture until it forms a ball and begins to pull away from the edges of the pan. And wait at least 10 minutes for the mixture to cool before adding the eggs one at a time.
• Step 3 – Now you need to transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with a base tip. Pipelines the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with cold water; bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the center of the oven, reversing the position of the plates if the top plates begin to brown more quickly than the bottom plates.
• Step 4 – Remove the eclair trays from the oven. Each eclair should be pierced with a skewer to release the steam, then returned to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until crisp.
• Step 5 – Remove pans from oven and place eclairs on a wire rack to cool. Let them cool completely before handling them. Snip one edge of each eclair and use a teaspoon to scoop out any soft filling in the center.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING THE FILLING:
Step 1 – Bring the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan, then pour it over the chocolate after breaking it up in a large bowl. And stir until the chocolate melts completely, then add the vanilla extract to taste. Allow mixture to cool slightly before chilling until thick.
Step 2 – To fill the piping bag fitted with the star nozzle, stir in the chocolate filling until smooth and creamy and holds its shape. Pipe a small amount of chocolate mixture into each eclair, then gently press eclairs closed.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO PREPARE THE FILLING:
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate with the softened butter in a saucepan over simmering water.
Step 2 – Dip the tops of the éclairs into the mixture, being careful not to get any filling in the filling. It will probably be easier if you use a pastry brush to apply it. Before serving, allow the filling to cool.