Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe is decadent and rich – lemon curd cheesecake with a strip of homemade curd runs through the center and another layer of lemon curd spread on top. Baked in a lemon cookie crust and covered with fluffy roasted meringue, every bite is amazing.
In April, my mum and I took a week-long trip to Paris!!!! Yes – we spent 1 day at Disneyland Paris, 6 days of cooking classes in the morning and being tourists the rest of the day!
° Shortbread crumbs: 2 cups
° Cream cheese: 3 packages (soft)
° White sugar: 1 cup (granulated)
° Sour cream: 1 cup
° Lemon curd: 1 and a half cups
° Fresh lemon juice: 1/4 cup
° Butter: 1/4 cup (melted)
° Eggs: 4 eggs + 4 egg whites
° Lemon: 1 (grated)
° Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
1. First, make sure your oven temperature is set to 325.
2. And you will get a big mixing bowl & mix in biscuit crumbs with mel butter. Make sure to press the mixture into the bottom of the greased spring-loaded pan.
3. Beat cream cheese & sour cream in other bowl To creamy & smooth. After that, adding eggs one at a time, and after every add, beat well.
4. You will want to add the vanilla extract, lemon peel, and lemon juice and mix well. And please spread the mixture over the biscuit crust.
5. The baking time is 59 min . Time done, removing the pan and allow it to cooled totally .
Note: Make sure your oven is set to 375℉ at this point.
6. In a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until smooth. Immediately add 2 tablespoons of white sugar and whisk again until stiff.
7. The next step is to spread the curd over the cheesecake, then add the scrambled eggs. Return to oven until meringues are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
8. All that needs to be done now is to cool the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.