- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup coconut rum (I used Malibu Original)
- ½ cup lemon-lime soda
- ⅛ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅛ cup simple syrup
- Garnish- fresh pineapple skewer and ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, or large mason jar with a lid, add the pineapple juice, coconut rum, lemon-lime soda, fresh lime juice and simple syrup. Shake to combine.
- Fill 2 (12 oz.) low-ball cocktail glasses ¾ full with ice cubes. Pour half (approximately 1 cup each of pineapple rum punch) of the cocktail mix over the ice in each glass.
- Garnish with a skewer of fresh pineapple pieces.
Storage:You can store any leftover punch in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, however the remaining ice will water down your drink and the soda will become flat.Tips:
- If you do not like the flavor of coconut you can substitute a white/clear rum or even a spiced rum in this recipe. I really think that the coconut rum and the pineapple juice blend beautifully together and make a refreshing summertime cocktail but the substitutes work really well in this cocktail as well.
- I like to get the little mini (6 oz.) cans of pineapple juice to keep on hand in my pantry. These are great for this recipe because 6 oz. = ¾ cup and they come in a 4 or 6 pack. This way I do not need to open a large bottle of pineapple juice if I am only using it to make a couple cocktails.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, or tripled, depending on how many people you are serving.
- Do not add ice until you are ready to serve or the ice will water down your pineapple rum punch.
- You can easily swap out the lemon-lime soda for ginger ale or a lemon-lime sparkling water in this recipe.
- I like to keep a bottle of simple syrup stocked in my pantry. You can find this at all liquor, or grocery, stores. It is great to keep on hand for all types of cocktails. You can make your own by combining equal parts (½ cup each) granulated sugar and water. You will heat it in a small saucepan, on medium heat, just until the sugar dissolves. You do not want to boil the simple syrup. Allow it to cool, then store it in the refrigerator, in a lidded jar, for up to two weeks.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg